Spider veins can be an embarrassing beauty issue that leaves you self-conscious and unable to feel comfortable in your own skin. Thankfully, there are many ways to prevent spider veins from occurring and get you back to feeling confident quickly.
What are spider veins?
Spider veins are collections of small red and blue dilated blood vessels that usually develop as you age. They commonly appear on legs, but are known to occur all over the body. Although they don’t normally contribute to or indicate any medical complications, spider veins can create an undesirable and distracting look for your skin.
There a variety of different factors that cause spider veins, including:
- Standing or sitting for too long
- Crossing your legs for extended periods of time
To reduce the possibility of developing spider veins, there are a few different things that you can do on a regular basis.
- Don’t Sit or Stand for Long Periods: If your job requires you to sit for long periods of time, try to occasionally go for a walk or stand up and stretch. Alternatively, if your job has you on your feet often, make sure that you give yourself time to sit down.
- Don’t Wear High Heels: It’s no secret that high heels are hard on your legs. Reduce pressure and improve your blood flow in your lower body by avoiding high heels if possible
- Don’t Cross Your Legs Often: Try to avoid crossing your legs and always position your body in a comfortable way that allows for maximum blood circulation
- Stay Healthy: You should always try to maintain an active and healthy lifestyle, but you should especially do it if you want to avoid spider veins.
Treating spider veins is now possible with the help of ND Yag laser technology which we are happy to offer at Gentle Touch. This advanced treatment works by targeting your problem areas and shrinking the veins so that they can be absorbed by your body and disappear. These treatments also help reduce the possibility of recurring issues by closing off the larger blood vessels which feed into spider veins.
Want to say goodbye to your spider veins? Contact us!